Estimated delivery: January
Micro-USB limb.al - Black, 7”
(For Android, Blackberry + Windows Phones)
iPhone limb.al - Black, 7”
*NOT YET COMPATIBLE WITH iPHONE 5*
How to use Limb.al
- Air Display
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: I'm confused, am I supposed to keep my phone ON the whole day?
- A: Why the hell not?! Phones are running down their battery 24/7 anyway, so get some use out of them as a chat window, or a live rss feed, or a picture frame. The point is your phone should have to work for its $100/mo carrier bill.
- Q: My phone's port isn't on the bottom, will the limb.al still be useful?
- A: Of course, while the hardware you own, like monitors and laptops, will determine USB port availability, any phone can still be used on the desktop with the limb.al as a kickstand.
- Q: Will my phone fall if held from a top-side Micro USB port over a long time?
- A: nope, Micro-USB ports require 8 Newtons of removal force minimum, which is more than any phone can be pulled by gravity.
- Q: Will the Limb.al damage the ports on my phone?
- A: With thoughtful care your phone will be fine. iPhones have more support, so those with Micro-USB ports should take care to not stress the connectors. You will get a feel for what positions don't work well with your phone after use. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to cover the liability of damaged devices, so use at your own risk.
- Q: Can I use the limb.al with my iMac or Apple Cinema display?
- A: As long as the USB ports are on the SIDE of a monitor, you're good. BUT most of Apple displays' rear USB ports are pointed in a way that makes them unusable with an iPhone and a limb.al. Anyways! you can still use the limb.al for a desktop charging kickstand, or with your Macbook, or in your car.
- Q: Will the limb.al work with my case?
- A: Of course! It's no more than a stiff charging cable so plug it in like you would anyhow and enjoy. If you use an iPhone battery case that has a Micro-USB port, then make sure to buy the Micro-USB limb.al.